Thursday 30 January 2014

Warhammer Visions & White Dwarf Weekly

Well.....................

Shall I start with Visions? Yeah lets start with visions.............

.........................
.........................
.........................
.........................
.........................
.........................

And that's about as much content as Visions has in it. The book is a smaller format to that of the original white dwarf, roughly A5 in size. It's basically a picture book hence the Visions part, but its not a good picture book. For instance I counted at least 8 pictures that had been used multiple times, And that was before I got bored of counting. The repeats are slightly zoomed in or turned so its on a landscape orientation. Then there is the writing, literally nothing, hardly any information given at all, its like reading a child's book. "this is a Rhino" "this is a Harpy" "Z is for Zoanthrope" I honestly wish I could read in German and French as I would get more than one paragraph, as Visions has one paragraph in English one paragraph in French and one in German.

So what we basically have here is a wanabe be Coffee table book.  The images included in the book are just the same old same old WD style photography ones, occasionally they have cropped the miniature and added it to a different background, but that's it I'm afraid. This is the first, And probably the last ever one I buy, unless they so happen to do a special later on down the road, say an entire one dedicated to the Horus heresy then I might be tempted. Now you can go out and waste your money each month, and for those who thought they brought a White dwarf subscription I send you my full condolences, but for the most part Just click this link every month and save your money.

Warhammer Visions Free Edition


Now lets get back to the good stuff White dwarf Weekly............

They did it, they actually did it guys. Not long ago I did a WD classic series, I would give you a few pages from the classic White Dwarf's with a small write up. Back then White Dwarf was comic book sized and released on a fortnightly basis, but had more content than the ones we have been receiving up till last month. But now we have gone to a weekly format, there is info we actualy want, like new releases, painting tutorials for the new models, heck believe it or not there are flipping rules in this mag. I like the fact its comic book sized, this is great if they are going to be putting more rules in the WDW's as you can bag and board them like a comic, with a bit of tape written on it as to what rules it contains for future references.

I really like the weekly format and I personaly hope it continues the way it is, I have to be honest Visions is a total let down. They would be better to do a hardback Visions book on a quarterly basis, rather than what they are doing now. Just how many of these images are going to be re-used.


So to sum up

Warhammer Visions is Blind And white dwarf Weekly is Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment